ITSSAR have now introduced their Trained Operator Passport Scheme (T.O.P.S.) and the system ‘went live’ on 1st January 2015.
Below is an extract from their website explaining TOPS:
Following the formation of the Accrediting Bodies Association (ABA) in 2012 ITSSAR have implemented a mandatory data base (TOPS) for all Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) and Workplace Transport Operators. Accredited organisations will be required to access the scheme and provide details of all accredited operator training. A unique ID number will be issued this will remain with the operator for life. This number will be used for all additional categories of machines. We advise you that this scheme will be going live on 1st January 2015.
To reduce Mechanical Handling Equipment and workplace transport accidents/incidents, whilst improving safety through training.
- Ensure that all accredited training meets the criteria as prescribed in The Approved Code of Practice (ACoP L117) and ITSSAR Course Syllabus Manuals
- Provide a safe and secure scheme
- To provide a means of verifying accredited training
- Validation and verification of training undertaken
- Promotes confidence in operator training
- Lifelong, safe and secure scheme
- Promotes a communication link between, training organisations, employers, operators and the industry
- Individual unique Identification number
- Quick, reliable and user friendly system