Forklift Operator Training
ITSSAR Forklift Instructor Training
Mechanical Handling Equipment Safety Training
Courses fully accredited by:
A Health and Safety Executive Approved Organisation
Welcome to Train-a-Lift
Based in the Midlands, Train-a-Lift Ltd was founded over thirty years ago to provide the highest standard of excellence in fork lift training and other mechanical handling equipment safety training. We now operate the largest independent Training Centre in the United Kingdom and offer both operator and instructor courses.
- Our corporate customers range from small companies, who have basic requirements for training a few operators, to large companies such as Jaguar, Land Rover or Rolls Royce who have a need for larger scale, volume training which meets their logistical and time-pressure requirements.
- Amongst others, we are the preferred training suppliers to:
KoneCranes - overhead crane, banksman and slinging courses
Hiab - lorry loader operator safety courses
Rolls Royce - mechanical handling equipment training
Kalmar - forklift and container handler training
Builders Merchants Federation - mhe courses
Toyota Motor Manufacturing - forklift operator training.
Jaguar Land Rover - mechanical handling equipment training.
- We also offer forklift training for private individuals on a self-sponsored basis at our centre in Coventry.
- Our forklift truck operator training courses and our Instructor (Train the Trainer) courses, are independently accredited by ITSSAR, one of the Health and Safety Executive's officially recognised accrediting bodies. (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register -(www.itssar.org.uk)
- We are a JAUPT Approved Centre (Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training) for LGV Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
- Train-a-Lift instructors are examined and registered with ITSSAR, HSE approved.
- Our Lorry Loader courses can be accredited by ALLMI (Association of Lorry Loader Manufacturers and Importers) -(www.allmitraining.co.uk)
- We are also quality assessed to BS EN ISO9001:2008 by BVQI - (www.bvqi.com)
- As a service to our customers we maintain a forklift training (and other mechanical handling equipment) operator and instructor database for all delegates who have trained with us.
- Refresher reminders are sent to our customers every year for all delegates who are due for a refresher assessment.
Our extensive experience and accreditation gives customers the assurance that the service they receive from our company is always of the highest standard and ensures compliance with the latest 'best practice' and legal requirements.
Our Training Centre
The Centre, situated in Coventry, is considered by many customers and accrediting agents as being one of the most ideal training facilities in the United Kingdom dedicated to offering specialist fork lift truck training and instructor training. It is used by both corporate customers and self sponsored delegates (private individuals) who wish to obtain their 'forklift licence'.
The Centre can provide safety courses for self sponsored and corporate clients for the following:
- Mechanical Handling Equipment Instructor
- FLT Training - Operators (Electric, LPG - Counterbalance or Reach Trucks)
- Abrasive Wheels
- Pedestrian Stacker Operator
- Manual Handling
- Mobile Elevating Working Platform Operator (work elevated platforms)
- Tow Truck Operator
- Very Narrow Aisle Forklift Trucks (VNA). We have a warehouse environment at our Centre and can offer forklift training on VNA (Man Up only) for the logistics and distribution industry.
- Driver CPC Training
For corporate customers, we can provide plant operator training, (access platform, crane training, heavy plant training, fork lift driver training etc - see courses page), CPC driver training modules, and other mechanical handling equipment safety courses and Instructor Training:
- On-site (at customers' premises).
- At other selected venues anywhere within the UK and Channel Islands.
- In mainland Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
All we ask is that customers provide a suitable area for practical sessions, an appropriate machine, suitable loads and indoor facilities for presenting theory.
When undertaking training at customers' premises each Train-a-Lift Instructor effectively acts as a fully mobile unit and is provided with the appropriate aids, course registers, manuals, safety codes and protective clothing.
We can also provide an Expert Witness Service for court cases.
Fork Lift, Lorry Loader and Access Platform Classifications
To obtain information on Fork Lift Truck BITA Groupings, Lorry Loader Categories, and Mobile Elevating Working Platform Categories. Click here.